The Agreement was last updated June 16, 2009:
All use of the Critique This Site and any information and content included is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. By completing the registration process, clicking the User Agreement acceptance “button,” and using the Critique This Site, you represent that you are 18 years old or older and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. The terms “you” or “User” refer to the person who completed the registration process.
Critique This reserves the right to change the terms of this Agreement. Changes will be posted on the Critique This Site at http://www.critiquethis.us/terms-of-use/. If any of these changes are unacceptable, you may terminate your subscription as described below under “Term and Termination.” Use of the Critique THis Site following the posting of any changes to these terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes by the User.
The Critique This Site contains two types of content:
1. The “Critique This Site’s Own Content” means information entered into the Critique This Site by employees and authorized representatives of Critique This.
2. “Other Content” means any other information entered into the Critique This Site by Users or other persons.
Use of the Critique This Site:
Critique This hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Critique This Site for the fees and under the terms described in this Agreement. Only one person at a time may access the Critique This Site using the User’s screen name and password without the prior consent of Critique This. The User may, free of charge and on an occasional basis, make up to 10 copies in paper form of an individual article appearing in the Critique This Site for non-commercial use provided the User includes all copyright and other proprietary rights notices that appeared on the original and includes a notice indicating that the Critique This Site is the source of the material. For all other hard copy uses, or to buy an e-print or a reprint of a specific article or video appearing on the Critique This Site, please contact James Cornetet via email: email@example.com for information or instructions. Fees are determined by the extent of use. The User may not disseminate any portion of the Critique This Site through electronic means, including mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without the prior consent of Critique This. Add news from the Critique This Site to your Web site for FREE with our headline feed by visiting http://www.critiquethis.us/feed/rss/. Obtain consent for special arrangements regarding electronic distribution by contacting James Cornetet: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, the Critique This Site may not be reproduced, transmitted, or distributed without Critique This’ prior written permission. The User may not commingle any portion of the Critique This Site with any other information and shall not edit, modify, or alter any portion of the Critique This Site. All of the Critique This Site’s Own Content is the property of Critique This. Critique This and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the Critique This Site’s Own Content. The User shall honor all reasonable requests by Critique This or its affiliates to protect Critique This’ and its licensors’ proprietary interests in the Critique This Site.
In addition, User may not:
1. use the Critique This Site for any purpose that is prohibited by any law or regulation, or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation;
2. use or attempt to use any “deep-link,” “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data mining,” “computer code” or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Critique This Site, any data or content found on or accessed through the Critique This Site, or any other the Critique This Site information without prior express written consent of Critique This;
3. obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the Critique This Site that has not been intentionally made publicly available either by public display on the Critique This Site or through accessibility by a visible link on the Critique This Site;
4. violate any measure employed to limit or prevent access to the Critique This Site or its content;
5. violate the security of the Critique This Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Critique This Site, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with the Critique This Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
6. impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise represent an affiliation with a person or entity;
7. interfere with, attempt to interfere with or otherwise disrupt the proper working of the Critique This Site, any activities conducted on or through the Critique This Site or any servers or networks connected to the Critique This Site, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on the Critique This Site;
8. take or attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of the Critique This Site, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the Critique This Site or the infrastructure of the Critique This Site.
9. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Other Content;
10. disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Critique This Site;
11. use the Critique This Site to stalk or harass another.
Upon submission of your story or idea the User (you) agrees to the following terms:
You may not input, distribute, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any other content through the Critique This site that:
1. is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of Critique This, or constitutes junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or the like;
2. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
3. you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4. infringes or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
5. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
6. is harmful to minors.
The User grants to Critique This the non-exclusive right to use all material entered into the Critique This Site by the User (other than third-party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of Critique This’ print or electronic publications.
Users entering material into the Critique This Site are responsible for the content of that material. Critique This has no responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users or others, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from the Critique This Site. However, Critique This retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content which Critique This deems to be illegal, offensive, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise inappropriate.
If you see any violations of these terms and conditions on the Critique This Site, please email us at email@example.com.
The User agrees to indemnify Critique This from all damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, which Critique THis and its employees and authorized representatives may incur as a result of either: (i) the User’s breach of this Agreement; or (ii) material entered into the Critique This Site with the use of the User’s screen name or password. Critique This reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any such matter for which the User has agreed to indemnify Critique This in which event the User shall have no further obligation to indemnify with respect to that particular matter.
NO WARRANTIES/LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
CRITIQUE THIS MAKES NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF OR RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM, ACCESSING AND USING THE CRITIQUE THIS SITE, THE CRITIQUE THIS SITE’S OWN CONTENT, THE OTHER CONTENT, NOR ANY MATERIAL THAT CAN BE ACCESSED (VIA A DIRECT OR INDIRECT HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) THROUGH THE CRITIQUE THIS SITE. CRITIQUE THIS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM. IN NO EVENT WILL CRITIQUE THIS OR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST TIME, LOST MONEY, LOST PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE CRITIQUE THIS SITE. USER AGREES THAT ALL DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND ASSESSED AGAINST CRITIQUE THIS OR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO THE USE OF THE CRITIQUE THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.
As part of the registration process, you must select a screen name and password and provide Critique This with accurate, complete, and updated information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of the User’s access.
Term and Termination:
This Agreement will continue until terminated by either Critique This or you. The Agreement can be terminated by either party by notifying the other party by telephone or electronic mail of the decision to terminate.
Critique This may discontinue or change the Critique This Site, or its availability to you, at any time.
Fees & Payments:
From time to time, Critique This makes available to its subscribers certain products and services for which it charges a fee, pursuant to the then-current standard form of Critique This Master Agreement (“Master Agreement”). The provision and use of such products and services shall be subject to and governed by the Master Agreement.
This Agreement, together with the Master Agreement (if applicable), constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the Critique This Site and supersedes any and all other agreements, oral or in writing, with respect to the Critique This Site. In the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and those of the Master Agreement, the terms and conditions of the Master Agreement shall govern and control. The failure of Critique This to insist upon strict compliance with any term of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver with regard to any subsequent failure to comply with such term or provision. This Agreement is personal to you, and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone. If any provision in this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement, your rights and obligations, and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and Florida State, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within Florida State.
THE USE OF THE CRITIQUE THIS SITE CONFIRMS THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF ITS TERMS.